Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Where Did Jesus' Money Go?

This post has been a long time in coming.

Jesus had a fund that was up to almost $250 from little things I was cutting out of my regular spending.  And now it's down to close to $6.50.  I'm sure you're wondering if I'm embezzling from Jesus.

Not so, my friends.  Jesus had His first disbursements!

My heart just aches for children with no parents, and for the tremendous cost required to adopt.  I truly believe that Jesus can step in and make it happen for people starting out with no savings to adopt and ending with their entire adoption fully funded.  Through DFC, I've been privileged to meet many people who that is a reality for.  But, I also believe Jesus works through us and He's not going to come down here and start putting money in people's bank accounts to fund their adoptions.  He's going to ask you and me to do it. 

It bothered me that the Jesus fund was accumulating and not going anywhere but my bank account, so I started to pray about where it should go.  And then I learned about this family adopting from Haiti.  I sat at my computer and CRIED as I watched the beautiful video done by their daughter.  And, there was my first answer to the Jesus fund.  Another Haiti family did the same thing to me, so the Jesus fund shrunk a little more.  And then I learned about Second Mile Ministries and they got all the rest. 

I think all of my passions are rolled up into one through this organization.  Second Mile Haiti works in Haiti (can you believe it???).  Here's their mission.....

"Our mission is to provide for the physical needs of sick and malnourished children while empowering their mothers through health education and small business opportunities."

I am ALL over that, baby!  Dignified livelihood.  Children staying with their parents.  Small business opportunities.  Sustainable medical care.  Helping children.  HAITI!!  Yep!  

I can't tell you how sick it makes me to think of a parent relinquishing their children because they can not support them.  Just makes me sick.  As a future adopting parent, I have a responsibility to do something about that and Second Mile Haiti just seemed like the perfect fit.

So, there's my accountability for the day.  :)  So much better than any muffin I'd have eaten at Tim Horton's.  Or donut, or panini, or XL hot tea with sugar........