Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Dear Little Guy

I'm writing this publicly, I suppose, so you can see a glimpse of our hearts and what adopting our Little Guy feels like to me.....

Dear Little Guy,

As the time approaches to meet you I am filled with anticipation and excitement.  I wonder what it will be like.  What will it be like to catch our first glimpse of you as they bring you out to us?  What will it be like to kiss your head?  What will your face feel like?  How long will your fingers be?  What will you sound like? 

This week we received 2 more pictures of you.  The one picture was of you sleeping and I wasn't sure it was you.  I had to zoom in to your picture to look at your fingers and compare them with our other pictures to know for sure.  You have an umbilical hernia.  I think that's okay, but it left me with some worry.  The other picture was of you in a bouncy seat.  It was just of your chest up, but you were clearly not happy.  Sucking your thumb, eyebrows furrowed, other hand open and behind your head.  You wanted OUT of that thing and I wish I could have reached through and picked you up out of that chair.  I can't wait to be the one to comfort and take care of you.  I can't wait for you to know that you will be picked up and not be set aside because there are 20 other kids in the same room to take care of.  I can't wait to just be with and take care of you for a week - and then beyond.

At the same time, I wonder how you will feel about us.

Will we have brought the right sized clothes?  Will you be afraid of us?  Will you sleep?  Will you understand anything during our time together?  How will you feel about us leaving you?  Will that hurt you?

So many questions and I am left to simply wonder about them for now.  But, we are doing things to get ready.

I made you a book this week called, "All About My Family".  In it I basically introduce you to us - our family, our home, our interests.  And I try to communicate to you how very much you are wanted.

Mr. Man can't wait to have another boy in the house to play with.

Girly Girl can't wait to color with and draw with you.

Little Miss can't wait to teach you and take care of you. 

We all love you so much already.  I'm worried about Little Miss because she keeps thinking we are going to go to Haiti to bring you home.  How I wish that were true!  I am trying to communicate to her that we are visiting you and that we would bring you home if we could, but we just can't right now.  I'm hoping there will be a way for you to interact all together while we're with you.

Just a few more weeks until we get to see your sweet face in person. We are beyond blessed to have this privilege. 

Love,
Mommy