Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Radical Waiting

The process from dating to engagement was not what you'd call "happy" in my relationship with my husband. I pushed beyond what I ever should have for that "final decision" and have lived to regret it even these years later. Not because we made the wrong decision, but it was made in the wrong way.

Have you ever heard that history repeats itself?

Well, it's repeating itself.

I'm ready for something my husband is not ready for. I'm ready to make a decision, even though I feel a lack of peace in my heart. So, I guess I'm not ready, I just want to take the weight of indecision off.

He's not ready at all to make any decision in the direction I want him to.

So, instead of letting the tension continue to mount, I'm going to step back.

And wait.

And today that is the most radical thing I can do.

Can you relate? Have you ever chosen to push ahead even when you didn't feel peaceful? Or have you waited? Please share your experience.