Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Short Term Tunnel Vision

Here's how I operate.....

If it isn't happening in 2 months, it isn't happening. EVER.

About a month ago my husband and I started talking about going to Haiti with Help End Local Poverty. We were able to speak with Chris (from HELP) on the phone the a couple days ago and while we had considered going on a trip with them in June, it became clear that their February trip was more appropriate for us because they were going to be vision casting for fighting human trafficking in Haiti. RIGHT up my alley!

I thought it might work. Husband was scheduled to work, but only 4 days so we thought it wouldn't be terribly difficult to switch. I was sure I could find child care.

Nope. None of that happened. And the more we tried, the more complicated it seemed to get.

So we're not going.

And that means everything else is on hold.

We wanted to go to Haiti as we consider adoption - to see if there is a need for adoption and if Haiti is a country we could see ourselves investing in and spending a significant amount of time in because of our child.

But now there isn't anything on the radar and I don't know what is going to happen.

So, I'm back to radical waiting.