Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Prayer

Have I told you about Barb?

A few years ago my husband decided he wanted to talk to a financial planner to make sure we were doing what we needed to in order to prepare well for retirement and college for the kids. I thought it was ridiculous at the time. Not because I didn't respect his ideas, but because that seemed like too far in the future to be planning for already.

We started working with John and his wife, Barb, to develop a reasonable budget for our very long term plans. Adoption was no where near our radar at the time.

When we went to get our taxes done this year we were applying to our agency at the same time. We had to have our application notarized, so we asked if anyone in the office was able to do that. Barb, John's wife, happily notarized our application. She was so sweet - asked us great questions and was so excited for us to begin the process.

When we received the list of items we were going to need for our dossier, we saw that everything and its mother needed to be notarized. Husband called Barb to see if we could hire her to be our official adoption notary. "Hire?", she asked? "Oh no, I'll do it for free. Just consider it part of our ministry. We're so excited for you." Tremendous blessing.

We're meeting with Barb tomorrow to have the last of our documents notarized. When I called to schedule with her today I told her it would be the last time we'd be visiting for this project. She said, "When will you get to meet your child?". I explained to her what is happening in Haiti right now and told her that if this all works out, from Haiti, it will be.......and started crying. She finished for me.

"An act of God." Yes.

She said, "Can I pray for you now?" So,she prayed.

It is amazing blessings like that that will keep encouraging our hearts to keep moving forward,even though it looks impossible. I do believe, that if this works out, it will only be because God allowed to. Thank you, all, for the prayers you have lifted up for us in the last day. We are so grateful and it makes a huge difference.

Love,
Karyn